Infotainment system in cars consists of the collection of hardware and software equipped together in a system with touchscreen facility, which serves the purpose of entertainment along with assistance to drivers.
Initially featured only in high-priced cars, now this feature is gradually making its way to the affordable cars as well. Since touchscreen devices are easier to operate, a touchscreen infotainment system has become a major attraction among the buyers.
The modern touchscreen infotainment system mostly consists of music players, reverse cameras, car data and navigation along with several other useful features to assist simpler driving.
The touchscreen infotainment system also includes latest technologies like Bluetooth, WiFi, USB port and handsfree voice controls to ease the experience of driving. People are loving it as it also adds to the premium look inside the cabin.
Although, there are not many affordable cars with this feature, here is the list of five most affordable cars with the touchscreen infotainment system.
Renault Kwid is among the most affordable cars in India now, ranging between mere Rs. 2.62 lakh to Rs. 4.53 lakh (ex-showroom), to be equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system. It is an entry-level compact car with a perfect blend of useful features and an impressive styling along with decent power and fuel efficiency.
The interior of the car is highly finished and equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with user-friendly MediaNav system which offers a turn-on voice guidance, a Bluetooth, USB port and a speed sensing volume control. The available digital cluster provides valuable information such as average fuel consumption and average speed.
The engine of the vehicle comes with two options. The 1.0-litre version features a 999cc 3-cylinder engine, which produces a maximum power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 91 Nm. While the 0.8-litre unit with a 799cc 3-cylinder engine develops a maximum power of 54bhp and a peak torque of 72 Nm.
Hyundai Eon Sports Edition price ranges between Rs. 3.88 lakh to Rs. 4.18 lakh (ex-showroom), for its fully loaded features along with the touchscreen infotainment system. It is best in looks with an expressive frontal view and a premium body feel in the segment.
The interior of the car comes with great finishing and the dashboard is designed in a curvy way, which makes the car look amazing. The 6.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system is loaded with advanced technologies like Bluetooth connectivity, CD player, AUX-in and USB port.
The power mechanism of the car carries an 814cc, 3-cylinder, 9-valve SOHC engine, which produces a maximum power output of 55.2 bhp and a peak torque of 75Nm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox for transmission.
Tata Bolt is one of the premium looking vehicles in the price segment loaded with good features and excellent ride quality. The blackened huge headlights add a sporty look to the car and the front bumper protected with a grill makes it look muscular. It is a budget-friendly car priced in the range of Rs 4.63 lakh to Rs 7.17 lakh (ex-showroom).
The interior delight of the car comprises of a decent spacious cabin for occupants and the black look of the dashboard looks appealing. The three-spoke steering has a chunky feel and features steering mounted controls in the top variants. The infotainment system comes with a Harman developed touchscreen which delivers smartphone controlled navigation with maps. It also gets a voice command, video playback using USB and microSD card.
The vehicle comes with a two engine option – a 1.3-litre diesel engine and a 1.2-litre petrol engine. The diesel variant develops a maximum power output of 75 bhp and a peak torque of 190 Nm, while the petrol variant produces a maximum power output of 90 bhp and a peak torque of 140 Nm. Both the engines are paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Mahindra KUV 100
Mahindra KUV 100 is among the largely afforded cars available in India pricing between Rs. 4.58 lakh to Rs. 7.36 lakh (ex-showroom) and comes with a premier SUV styling. It is shorter than 4-metre in length with a sporty look and looks aggressive at the same time.
The inside cabin space is huge compared to others in the same segment with the availability of a 6-seater layout. The infotainment system comes with an LCD touchscreen display equipped with USB, AUX, MP3 playback and Bluetooth connectivity.
The vehicle comes with two engine options – a 1.2-litre G80 petrol engine and a 1.2-litre G75 diesel engine. The petrol variant develops a maximum power output of 82 bhp and a peak torque of 115 Nm, while the diesel variant produces a maximum power output of 77 bhp and a peak torque of 190 Nm. Both the engines are paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Maruti Ignis also comes in the category of affordable cars with price ranging between Rs. 4.56 lakh to Rs. 7.54 lakh (ex-showroom). The car has an unconventional boxy appearance with LED projector headlamps, daytime running lights and fog lamps.
The interior of the car is finely finished in Black and Ivory shades with a delightful instrument cluster. The 7-inch screen touch infotainment system comprises of a smartphone connectivity experience with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, hence you can connect your smartphone with the infotainment and enjoy calling, listening music etc. In addition, Google navigation is also present to get traffic updates. The interior cabin is spacious enough with a praiseworthy headroom and legroom.
It gives you the option of petrol and diesel engine to run your vehicle. The 1.2-litre petrol unit produces a maximum power output of 82 bhp and a peak torque of 113 Nm, while the 1.3-litre diesel variant develops a maximum power output of 74bhp and a peak torque of 190 Nm. Both the engines are paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox, while the option of AMT is also available.
- Large 6.2" digital TFT touch screen display (800 x 480 pixels)
- Front A/V input, Rear view camera input , Video output, Steering wheel control input
- 10-band parametric equalizer, 24 bit D/A converter 192 kHz
- 70" HD Digital Full Color Display Screen. Play all popular Video Formats, Instant Connect and Play your Memory devices and enjoy movie watching like never before.
- Bluetooth with A2DP Support. Bluetooth Pairing for Calls and Music playback on Speakers. FM Radio. USB / SD Control. Auxillary Input, Remote Control
- Rearview Camera Input Support. Rear RCA Output, Auto Antenna Activator, Built in Noise Filter, Built in ISO Connector
- 30 Preset Radio Memory, Remote controlled.
- Suits most Cars with double din System requirement. NO CD/DVD Player.
- HD 7 inch digital TFT touch screen. Support 1080P video. Calendar setting, Background Setting.
- With TF card slot, with USB 2.0 port. IR wireless remote controller. USB power output can charge mobilephones or other USB devices.
- Support the audio format of MP3/WMA/WAV/MKV/FLAC/OGG/APE.
- Support the video format of RM/RMVB/DAT)/MP1/MP2/DIVX/XVID/MP4/H163/H264/FLV/3GP/SWF/AVI/ASF/MJPEG etc.
- Support Rearview camera function. Bluetooth phonecall, hand free, AUX in function, video input function, Clock function, mute function.
- Grab this limited Edition Combo with enhanced performance GPS Navigation System
- Multi Color Lighting with User Friendly Interface, Built in Clock Display, Light Dimmer, High Output Power, Car Rear Camera Connectivity, 6.5 inch Touch LED Screen, Multi Function Remote, Subwoofer & Amplifier Connectivity, Self Manual, Multi Function Equalizer with Normal Equalizer - Pop, Rock,
- Calling (Dialing & Receiving) Function Through Bluetooth , Steering Wheel Control,Bluetooth/USB/FM/SD-Card/AUX
- Car LED Rear View Camera
- Call Receiving and Dialing option Remote Control & SD Card Slot 50x4 W Output Power
- CHARGE FIVE DEVICES : Enjoy your car trips by charging ANY of your 5V Android / iOS / Windows smartphone / iPads requiring 2.4A/ tabs / mp3 players / Gaming Consoles/ GPS devices /any other 5V device
- HIGH 10.8A CAPACITY : Easily and Simultaneously fast charge 5 gadgets. Smart auto detection devices.
- STURDY BUILD : Great construction quality, sleek design match interiors of your car/suv.
- CHARGE AT ALL SEATS : Highly recommended for both daily office commute and long trips by professionals, families with kids and friends. All car seats can keep their privacy intact
- WORKS ON 12V PORT : Works on 12V socket in all Cars and SUVs models. Protects your valuable gadgets from spikes of Over-Current or Over Voltage.
- A combo of car rear view reverse backup parking camera and digital in-dash double Din car receiver.
- Rear View Camera:7 LED Night Vision, Waterproof, High-definition and 170º macro lens wide viewing angle, CMOS image sensor, NTSC TV system, Adjustable (up/down) 60 degree camera mounting bracket, Ideal for all vehicles that use a standard U.S. license plate.
- This ultimedia Car Audio Video Player has Screen Mirroring, 7 inch HD 800 * 480 Digital Multi-color LCD Touch Screen,Support 1080P video.(Please note: This is not CD/DVD Player/GPS). MP3/MP4 Audio Video Player.Digital Clock display.
- Support Bluetooth for hands-free calling & playing music and apps like Spotify/Pandora wirelessly.Built-in voice Microphone in the control panel.Four Amplifier Speaker(50 Watts x 4 Max Power).Wireless remote control.
- Built-in USB & AUX input & Subwoofer Output.Built-in TF memory card slot up to 32G. Car radio stereo FM radio tuner.Automatic memory funcation for 18 broadcasting stations. 12 Stations for AM Radio.AV-IN for reverse camera: support rear camera input, automatically switch to rear camera when reverse the car. Perfect solution for safely backing your car.
- Features: Multicolor lighting with user friendly interface, built in clock display, light dimmer, high output power, car rear camera connectivity, 6.5 inch touch led screen, multi function remote, subwoofer and amplifier connectivity, self manual, multi function equalizer with normal equalizer - pop, rock
- Calling (Dialing and receiving) function through Bluetooth, steering wheel Control, Bluetooth/USB/FM/SD-card/Aux
- 5 band EQ
- For more details on pick and drop service for warranty please contact [email protected]
- With Bluetooth and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you make calls hands free, and wirelessly control music and apps like Spotify and Pandora.
- Plays Bluetooth / DVD / CD / USB / SD / MP3 / WMA, AM/FM from Smart Phones and other devices.
- Standard (double-din) mounting size allows easy fit: Width-7.125", Height-4.125", Depth-7.625".
- Supports multiple inputs: USB / SD / AUX / AV / Rear Camera.
- Outputs video to additional screens if available, and outputs 80 Watts x 4 Max Power audio to Front, Rear and Sub Pre-Amp.;Fine-tune your music with Balance / Fader / Bass / Treble and preset built-in EQ controls on the unit, the remote, or touchscreen.
- 7 inch Double Din HD car radio player with digital touchscreen.
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 EDR for HFP, A2DP, AVRCP with included external mic only
- Max. power 4 x 45 watts
- Size: 22 x 18 x 15 cm
- 7 inch Double Din HD car radio player with digital touchscreen
- L&R channel stabilizer Aux In Function Rearview camera Function
- MOSFET amplifier: 60 watts X 4 max power output
- Auto-memory store function under radio or TF/USB mode
The touchscreen infotainment system adds to the luxury of driving, providing an enhanced driving experience. Moreover, with the system being introduced in the highly affordable cars, it will definitely be a leisure to own a car with latest gadgets within our budget. The five mentioned cars above are the most affordable cars in India currently, equipped with the touchscreen infotainment system to advance your driving experience.