Top 10 Mutual Funds for SIP to Invest in 2015
Are you looking for the best mutual fund to invest in SIP for long term? Do you know how to choose a mutual fund scheme when there are hundreds of such funds & advisers?
Mutual Funds are one of the best way to invest for long term to create wealth. It is not every one’s cup of tea to understand how stock market work and how to deal with the high & low of stock market. By investing via mutual fund way, one can taste the flavor of stock market.
But that doesn’t mean that one can avoid the risk factor of share market. But through mutual fund, you can invest in various stocks of various sector to minimize the risk factor. It is far better to invest in an particular share of a company. Anyway, in this article let’s find out the best mutual fund to invest in SIP for long term and how to decide which mutual fund to buy.
How to choose Mutual Funds in India
Although I am not a certified financial planner, but I am a DIY (Do It Yourself) investor. I always read various online sources, popular personal finance bloggers knowledge to improve my knowledge. So, as per my understanding one can choose a mutual fund based on few points like:
- Check out the returns history at least of last 5 – 10 years and try to pick those who gave highest returns.
- Try to check risk-return trade ratio. This might not be easy to check, but with that one can identify funds which can give good return, but at the cost of high risk. In such a case, it is better to avoid such funds, as per your investment need.
- All mutual funds are rated by Crisil, a rating agency. They provide trustworthy rankings after reviewing many factors. So, a mutual fund having a crisil ranking 1-4 can be considered as good for investment.
- VRO or Value Research Organisation is another rating agency and one can consider their 5 & 4 star rated mutual funds for investment.
- Another important point to check is how big is the fund as per assets. If AUM or Assets Under Management is more than 100 crore, then you can consider that as a good mutual fund.
- Investing in Mutual fund is not at all free. There are always some fund management charges and many other that you may not be aware while investing. Check out the charges applied for your selected mutual fund, as there is no point of investing in a mutual fund which gives high return with a high maintenance charge. The net return will always be moderate only.
I hope I have covered the major points one can research about Mutual funds in India and choose the best mutual fund to invest in SIP for long term.
Best Mutual Funds for SIP to Invest in 2015
|Category if Fund||Crisil Rank||NAV||1 yr Return||AUM (Rs. cr.)|
|Birla Sun Life Top 100 (G)||Rank 1||40.52||3.8||1,415.34|
|Franklin India Oppor. (G)||Rank 1||53.24||8.8||380.49|
|SBI Blue Chip Fund (G)||Rank 1||27.01||9.8||1,737.07|
Small & Mid Cap
|Can Robeco Emerg-Equities (G)||Rank 1||57.39||18.9||427.66|
|JPMorgan (I) Mid and Small Cap (G)||Rank 1||18.88||24.7||442|
|Principal Emerging Bluechip(G)||Rank 1||65.67||16.3||468.6|
|Birla SL India GenNext (G)||Rank 1||52.01||18.8||245.08|
|Franklin High Growth Cos (G)||Rank 1||27.8||12.6||2,462.40|
|ICICI Pru Value Discovery Fund (G)||Rank 1||108.95||9.4||8,686.06|
|L&T India Value Fund (G)||Rank 1||23.67||16||214.06|
|UTI MNC Fund (G)||Rank 1||150.1||30.4||1,030.10|
Thematic – Infrastructure
|Can Robeco Infrastructure (G)||Rank 1||35.24||7.5||106.38|
|Franklin Build India Fund (G)||Rank 1||27.25||14.7||387.35|
|Axis Long Term Equity Fund (G)||Rank 1||29.92||15.7||4,996.45|
|Religare Invesco Tax Plan (G)||Rank 1||33.79||10.2||239.56|
|GS Nifty BeES||Rank 1||774.25||-5.4||793.01|
|Kotak Nifty ETF||Rank 1||791.29||-3.4||98.23|
Debt Long Term
|BNP Paribas Flexi Debt – RP (G)||Rank 1||24.53||12||356.79|
|HDFC High Interest – Dynamic (G)||Rank 1||48.72||12.3||1,556.67|
|Tata Dynamic Bond – Regular Plan (G)||Rank 1||22.08||11.6||557.27|
Debt Short Term
|DWS Banking & PSU Debt – RP (G)||Rank 1||12.45||10.4||163.33|
|HDFC Short Term Opportunities (G)||Rank 1||15.77||9.6||2,068.41|
|L&T Short Term Opport. (G)||Rank 1||13.83||9.2||236.09|
Credit Opportunities Funds
|Franklin (I) ST Income -Retail (G)||Rank 1||2,971.25||10.7||9,288.06|
|UTI Income Opportunities Fund (G)||Rank 1||12.86||10.1||667.47|
Ultra Short Term Debt
|Axis Banking Debt Fund (G)||Rank 1||1,323.60||8.9||403.16|
|IDFC Banking Debt Fund-Regular (G)||Rank 1||12.41||8.9||729.75|
|Kotak Banking & PSU Debt – RP (G)||Rank 1||32.22||8.8||188.83|
|Religare Invesco Credit Opp (G)||Rank 1||1,652.12||9||820.79|
Gilt Long Term
|L&T Gilt Fund (G)||Rank 1||35.53||14.7||55|
|SBI Magnum Gilt – LTP (G)||Rank 1||30.89||16.1||669.48|
|Tata Balanced Fund – Regular (G)||Rank 1||163.91||13.9||3,121.04|
|Birla SL MIP II-Wealth 25 (G)||Rank 1||29.34||13.5||868.3|
|Tata MIP Plus Fund (G)||Rank 1||24.8||13.8||86.18|
|Axis Liquid Fund – Reg. (G)||Rank 1||1,603.71||8.7||3,267.51|
|Indiabulls Liquid Fund (G)||Rank 1||1,407.43||8.7||502.29|
|JPMorgan Liquid-SIP (G)||Rank 1||18.75||8.6||1,454.62|
|L&T Liquid-Super Inst (G)||Rank 1||1,984.51||8.7||1,469.77|
Now you can choose Top 10 Mutual Funds for SIP to Invest in 2015 form thsi massive list of best mutual funds in Inida. This data is collected from Moneycontrol.com and will be updated regularly as per their analysis.