Don’t Miss How to book cheap air tickets in india : tips and tricks
Don’t Miss How to change mobile number to another network
Don’t Miss New Helpline number launched in Delhi to protect women
Steps to book railway tickets via IRCTC website
- First of all you should have a mobile phone handset with internet connectivity. Better if you have a 3G enabled handset as IRCTC mobile website is also a bit slow like the normal website.
- Then open your mobile browser and type the address: https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile
- You should have a user name and password already to access this website. If not then better to have one before accessing the mobile website.
- After successful login you can easily see the options under Service section (Book Ticket/ Enquiry, Booked history, Cancel Ticket etc)
- Then rest of the process is similar to normal IRCTC booking on a desktop computer. But here screens are made for mobile phone compatibility. So do it carefully and then proceed.
- Finally after verifying all your booking details you have to pay via online payment with you visa/Master Debit Card.
- On successful booking you will get a confirmation SMS with PNR details. Show the same at railway station and enjoy travelling. Passengers need not carry a print out of the ticket.
Here for every transaction customers has to bear some extra cost related to IRCTC service charge and agent service charge (Rs10 & Rs20 per class of tickets) and applicable payment gateway charges if any besides tickets cost.