Gone are the days when you have to book a train ticket from a railway station or from your home internet. Now a day when most of the offices block personal internet activity, people find it useful to have a Smartphone to get connected with internet. So everything is coming in mobile friendly versions. Similarly IRCTC has also launched earlier their mobile version website to book a train ticket online from your mobile phone itself. Although this is not a big success but it is useful on many situations in our daily life. Here we will simply list out all the options and how to book a rail ticket online via IRCTC mobile website.
Don’t Miss Do you know how your PAN Number form? Don’t Miss How to book cheap air tickets in india : tips and tricksDon’t Miss How to change mobile number to another networkDon’t Miss New Helpline number launched in Delhi to protect women
Steps to book railway tickets via IRCTC website
- First of all you should have a mobile phone handset with internet connectivity. Better if you have a 3G enabled handset as IRCTC mobile website is also a bit slow like the normal website.
- Then open your mobile browser and type the address: https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile
- You should have a user name and password already to access this website. If not then better to have one before accessing the mobile website.
- After successful login you can easily see the options under Service section (Book Ticket/ Enquiry, Booked history, Cancel Ticket etc)
- Then rest of the process is similar to normal IRCTC booking on a desktop computer. But here screens are made for mobile phone compatibility. So do it carefully and then proceed.
- Finally after verifying all your booking details you have to pay via online payment with you visa/Master Debit Card.
- On successful booking you will get a confirmation SMS with PNR details. Show the same at railway station and enjoy travelling. Passengers need not carry a print out of the ticket.
Here for every transaction customers has to bear some extra cost related to IRCTC service charge and agent service charge (Rs10 & Rs20 per class of tickets) and applicable payment gateway charges if any besides tickets cost.
Now almost all banks and mobile operator also providing train ticket online booking application.
Train ticket booking service by mobile phone operators:
E.g. If you are a Vodafone customer then you can access IRCTC via Vodafone Live application itself. But for that you need a credit card to pay via mobile. Check out the complete details on Vodafone Railway Booking Service page. Same option is also available in all other mobile operators, just check out them.
Train ticket booking service by Bank apps:
Similarly ICICI bank is also providing Train ticket booking options via ICICI mobile banking app. In fact most of the Bank with mobile banking facility enabled, is offering the same. To access that you need to register with that banks mobile internet facility and need to have proper access. For ICICI bank you can find the details on ICICI Bank Railway ticket Booking page to check out how to book a train ticket online from ICICI Bank mobile banking.
You can share your experiences of railway ticket booking via mobile phone, if any.