cancel or reschedule passport appointment online indiaWant to cancel or reschedule passport appointment online? In that case how to reschedule appointment for passport online without visiting PSK or passport office? In this article I will guide to do this activity. With the implementation of new passport application process now one can do everything with the Passport India website. Few rules also applied to make the first passport application valid for a period. In the other hand reschedule limit has also defined. In this article we will talk about passport appointment reschedule rules and procedures.

Why do you want to reschedule passport appointment online?

I think there could be various reasons we don’t want to happen, but we can’t control everything 100% in our life. So I think the 2 major reasons to reschedule passport appointment could be
1) Might be some other priorities planned on that day and for which you can’t attend to PSK
2) You might forget the date and miss online passport appointment date or may be at last minute

Don’t Miss Tips to get Passport Appointment date Online

Steps to cancel or reschedule passport appointment online

• You have to visit Passport India portal and follow the steps to cancel or reschedule passport appointment:
    Login with your email id and password created while applying for a fresh passport.
  • Go to Saved/Submitted Applications screen and click on Schedule Appointment link. In that screen you can find two buttons: Reschedule Appointment and Cancel appointment.
  • Click the Reschedule Appointment/Cancel Appointment button. It’s not like first you have to cancel and then only reschedule. As per the new rule one can do this cancel / reschedule twice per year from the date of fresh passport application. In fact you will get a pop-up message with similar text on it. So be careful and keep a track of your actions.
  • If you click on reschedule appointment button. You will be asked to provide PSK location and then you can see the appointment booking screen. If you are lucky then you may a date to book your passport application appointment immediately. Otherwise it is the similar process you followed while applying for a fresh passport.

Don’t Miss How to re-issue passport after expiry online?

Tips to remember while rescheduling passport appointment

After successful booking you have to take the print out of the new generated form. Visit your nearest PSK to complete the process this time. In case you want to cancel the appointment and may be rescheduling in future within 1 year than simply click on Cancel Appointment button. You will get a message saying your cancellation request completed.

Don’t Miss Do you have Question regarding Passport Application? Check this out

So both the situation is different. You have to think wisely before clicking on cancel or reschedule passport appointment online. Remember you have a limited chance to complete the process. In case you missed out both then you have to apply for a fresh passport again by paying the passport application fee.

Did you reschedule passport appointment online? Was that experience good? What is the status of your passport application freshly taken? Do you think the current online passport appointment system is the best system so far? Share all your questions related to passport appointment online process and make this article useful for readers.

Join our Free email Newsletter

Comments

1. sushma says

sir i have applied for fresh passport and in my first appointment my file is on hold in counter B.and they have given me date on next month but i cant attend on that day because i am working at mnc as fresher so i cant get leave easily.And if i miss two chances of appointment then will they put penalty sir i am worried sir please reply

2. ANIL NANDWANA says

I have registered online for Passport and got appointment on 11/03/2015 & 18/03/2015 & 24/03/2015 but objection still stand and for submit & Complete the document process I need one more date of appointment . how I can do this because I have not reschedule any date but this happen due to some document requirement.

on C counter officer told me to submit the old passport

so please consider and tell me process

3. Akshat says

Hi, I want to take appointment for TATKAL application. But it is not showing date in 1st week of April but instead only 20 Mar. I want appointment of 6th Apr. How can I do that. Please guide.

Akshat

4. Begari Anil Kumar says

Dear Sir,I have visited PassportSevaKendra on 16-03-2015. But Verification Officer not accepted my application & gave me next appointment date on the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.i.e on 11-04-2015. But I want to cancel the appointment as I need 3 months time for getting document. But I am not getting “SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT”highlighted though I tried a number of times. If I send a FAX message to PSK office,Can they cancel my appointment ?& I may be allowed to reschedule it in future within one year. IF cancelled, they will not delete the data captured (ARN number) from the computer system? PLEASE REPLY SOON. THANKING YOU,SIR

5. sudipta samanta says

I have booked an appoinment for 9/04/2015 in kolkata but i have noticed that there are somany dates before april.how can i reshedule the appoinment.and also the psk center can i change.

6. semonpreet says

Hi
    I have applied for passport in tatkal on 25th feb and got the next day appointment. Due to the lack of pcc i rescheduled it on the same date on 25th but there was no change in date but timing was changed. So I called in the psk and they told me to reschedule it next day so I did the same. and got 27th as my appointment date. I visited the psk with my documents but something was missing so they told me to take another appointment date. Is it possible now?

7. Syed Rizwan says

Mr. Santanu,

I need your help . Can you please provide me a procedure to cancel the passport application . I have already applied and the inquiry also finished twice they said ur address is less than one year . They send me the show case notice . Now i want to cancel the application and to apply from another address . Is it possible to cancel and after how many we can apply again . I will be very thank full to you if you show me solution .

Thank you .

8. Kalyan Roy says

I am applying for a passport reissue. I have saved my application and need to now pay and book an appointment. However, only one appointment date is showing which is April 7. I’d like to book an appt. for the week of April 17 -20.

Why is only one appt. date showing? Does the system not give the option of selecting a specific date?
    Should I just book the appt. date given and then reschedule for a date that is more convenient for me?
    I don’t understand why I am cannot choose from a selection of dates and am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Please advise.

• says

Hi Kalyan,

I think appointment dates for future dates are book, not sure. Can you please call the passport customer number and ask them to reschedule your appointment to a later date?

9. Akshay Upadhye says

I had scheduled appointment 2 times till now but my application was rejected due to short of document. What if I miss the 3 chance also due to document as the officer always says for a new document.

Please help

• says

Hi Akshay,

What document that officer is asking every time? Why don’t you sit and check out the required document list properly before visiting next time. Make sure that you have followed all the steps mentioned as per Passport India rules, so that next time if someone ask you for a new document you can defend your self by referring that resource.

10. says

Dear Sir,I have visited PassportSevaKendra on 27-01-2015. But Verification Officer not accepted my application & gave me next appointment date on the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.i.e on 19-02-2015. But I want to cancel the appointment as I need 3 months time for getting document. But I am not getting “SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT”highlighted though I tried a number of times. If I send a FAX message to PSK office,Can they cancel my appointment ?& I may be allowed to reschedule it in future within one year. IF cancelled, they will not delete the data captured (ARN number) from the computer system? PLEASE REPLY SOON. THANKING YOU,SIR

• says

Hi Raghavendra,

I don’t know why that reschedule appointment option is not coming in your case. Generally it should come with cancel option. I think the best think you can do now is call the passport India toll free number 1800-258-1800. Regarding passport data I think it will be there for at least one year as they will provide you 2 chance max to re-schedule your passport appointment.

I hope you will get your query resolved soon and also share your experience here if anything. :)

• Vishal says

I have same situation as Raghavendra. The passport application got rejected and I got another date (11th March). Now I want to reschedule because some trip has already been planned in office.
        For me, after I click the “View Submitted …”, the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link is disabled. I called their toll number but, the IVR just drops as soon as I select the option for “other services”.
        Santanu, Raghavendra, if you find a solution, please let me know. Thanks Santanu for posting this information.

• says

Hi Vishal,

This is very sad to hear that you did not et any help from toll free number. Due to this attitude of Passport department people are suffering. I don’t have much idea about your situation, but I think you should keep trying or if possible visit your nearest PSK and explain your situation if possible.

Let me know if you found any solution to come out of this problem.

• Subashini Ganesan says

hi.. i am in a same situation now. did you find a solution for this??
          were you able to reschedule ur appointment in any way??
          plzz do reply

• Begari Anil Kumar says

if you know reshedule deatails, plz contact me or msg me to this number 8019777603 plz plz help me