How to use IRCTC cash on delivery service online at Bookmytrain.com
Now book train ticket online at bookmytrain.com using IRCTC cash on delivery service. IRCTC has launched cash on delivery service to buy train ticket. Generally people used to buy train ticket online with IRCTC.CO.IN portal and IRCTC is the only online train ticket booking service in our country. For that you need a debit card or credit card or one can use net banking facility as well. In the age of internet it I really tough for stand in huge queue in railway station to buy a ticket. But there are many people who don’t want to use their debit card or credit card details online to avoid information sharing. With IRCTC cash on delivery service one can easily buy train ticket online without paying a single penny. Simply use the IRCTC COD facility while buying ticket from BookMyTrain.com and your ticket will be sent to your home address. At the time of delivery you have to pay the money.
Steps to use IRCTC cash on delivery service
IRCTC has launched a dedicated website bookmytrain.com to provide this facility. One can’t get IRCTC cash on delivery service if they buy from original IRCTC website. So let check how to book a train ticket from bookmytrain.com.
1) First visit the website and select login if you have IRCTC user id or create your profile here itself. During profile creation you will receive 2 verification code, one in mobile number and another in email id. So provide the details and carefully and after that verify your identity with those code to complete your profile. Accurate details will help you only to use IRCTC cash on delivery service at bookmytrain.com.
2) After successful creation of your profile now log in to bookmytrain.com.
3) On login you can find a screen asking for New Journey. Click on that. Provide journey details like we do during any train ticket booking.
4) Choose the train from the suggested list and then select your preferred seat. If your route is not proper you will get a suggestion window saying what should be the correct train route.
5) In the next screen provide your personal details, like name, age and berth preferences if any.
6) In the next step provide the mobile number to get sms alert. Generally it will take the mobile number from your profile. If you want to provide a different number you can change that.
7) If you want for some combination of seats or any seat preference mention them as per options in the next screen
8) After that screen you will reach in payment where one can find the “Cash on Delivery” option with Electric payment as well. Now if you want to avail the IRCTC cash on delivery service then click the COD option and follow below steps
9) In the next screen it will display the COD charges applied for this ticket booking. There will be some IRCTC service charges 11.24, COD service charges 12.97 and Delivery charges 44.94. In case of AC ticket booking charges will be little more. I think this is fair enough to bear these extra charges for IRCTC cash on delivery service as one can get the tickets in hand sitting at home only.
10) In the next step provide your address details, agree the term & condition and finally confirm the booking with your email id. You will receive this ticket booked by IRCTC cash on delivery service in next 2-3 days max. It is advised to book a train ticket with IRCTC COD service at least 5 day before journey as IRCTC need to deliver the ticket and collect the money.
Below you can find out the complete step to book a train ticket with Bookmytrain.com using IRCTC cash on delivery service with proper pictures.
Steps to use IRCTC cash on delivery service at Bookmytrain.com
So do you think IRCTC cash on delivery service will be useful? This is too early to comment on the success of this service. But COD will not be an issue and they may use Indian Postal services to deliver those tickets and we all know that Indian postal service has a huge network.