Are you wondering how to change SBI account address, email id, net banking mobile number, username, net banking mobile number online? The process is not that easy. One can’t change SBI account details online. Most of the SBI account related activities are branch specific.
But it is possible to change the SBI net banking mobile number & net banking password online. But again there is a dependency with branch again. If your SBI account branch is in the same city then you will find the process quite easy.
But in case your SBI account opening branch is different than your current city then you will find many problems. When someone changes a city the first thing he/she want to do is to change net banking mobile number. But you will not be able to do that as only account opening branch has that authority to approve.
In this article, we will discuss about how to change SBI net banking mobile number online and also how to change SBI account address.
If your SBI account branch and your current cities are same then you don’t have to worry much. For others, the best way is to transfer SBI account branch from the old city to new city.
How to transfer SBI account from one branch to another branch
To transfer your SBI account branch you have to submit a hand written application stating your request of transfer from this branch to your target branch. Provide your account details and target branch’s branch code details. Submit that form to the branch manager.
It will take some time, around 4-5 days for any city. Anyway, it is not mandatory as postal delay can possible in case of SBI. After that, you have to visit your current city branch and ask for the status of account transfer. They will update you as soon as they receive the details. Now your next step should be change SBI account address details and net banking mobile number.
In case there is no scope for you to visit the old city, then you have to send the application form by post. I had a bad experience in that case as my old branch never receive that application.
Even I have tried to mail them or call that branch. But nothing worked. Anyway luckily I have visited my previous city for some work and at that time I have submitted the written application form to transfer my SBI savings account to my current city.
How to change SBI Account address details
I assume that your SBI branch is in the same city or you might have transferred the account to your current city. In that case simply go to your local branch office, fill up the SBI account address change form.
Provide necessary address proof with photo identity proof and submit that form. In case you have done KYC already you may directly ask for KYC data update with new address details.
How to change SBI net banking mobile number online
Now, this is something you can do partially via the onlinesbi portal. Simply follow below step by step process and change your net banking mobile number easily.
1) Login to your onlinesbi account and look for the Profile tab in the menu bar.
2) On click Profile option it will ask for you profile password. Provide your profile password. SBI profile password is not the same password you have used for log in. This is a further security step. As soon as you access your profile data you will get a sms saying you have access your onlinesbi password. I like this feature.
4) One can change email address and display name as well from this options. Anyway, we will click on change option beside the mobile number.
5) In the next screen provide your new mobile number and click on submit button.
6) In the next screen, you have to choose the branch where you want to submit this application. You will find your SBI account branch name only in this option. Choose that and click on submit button.
7) In the next screen, you can see that your application is submitted. And it will ask you to download the form and submit that form with your signature in the sbi branch. You have to take this form print out only where your mobile number and account details will be generated from the system itself. Any other similar form with hand written information will not be accepted.
8) On submission of the form in the branch, it will take max 1 day to update your net banking mobile number. Now enjoy SBI mobile banking with your new number.
How to change email id in SBI net banking
- Log into www.onlinesbi.com
- Navigate to”Profile-Personal Details-Change email ID “ under “My Accounts”, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On the next page, select the Account number, input the email ID and click on Submit.
- Changes to the email address can be self-approved using OTP sent to your registered mobile No.
- Alternatively, you can also select the branch approval option and submit the same at the branch.
- The branch will do the approval.
- Status of mapping will be advised to you on your updated email ID.
How to change SBI net banking login username
This is one thing that you can’t change. Frankly speaking, there is no point in changing the username. In case you forget SBI net banking username, then you can use the forget option and retrieve the username. But there is no option to change your SBI savings account username.
So, if you have any doubt regarding how to change SBI savings account address, email id, net banking mobile number or net banking password, then you can write a comment below and share your doubts.