If you are looking for the best credit cards in India and found this article, then I might help you to choose the perfect credit card in India as per your spending nature. Yes, there are different types of credit cards available. E.g. there are travel credit cards, some cards are good for cash back rewards, you can get more benefit from online shopping etc.
Nowadays people mostly prefer cashless transactions. In this scenario, Credit cards and debits cards are becoming more and more popular. In present times Credit cards are providing various offers due to which its craze among the customers is increasing day by day.
To avail, these amazing offers customers frequently changes their credit card within a short span of time. So, customers can select from this list of 25 Best Credit Cards in India.
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- ICICI Instant Platinum Card
- HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card
- ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit Card
- Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- Citibank Cashback Credit Card
- HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- Amex Gold Credit Card
- RBL Titanium Delight Card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Cards
- Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
- Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
- Jet Airways American Express Credit Card
- SBI Air India Signature Card
- Amex MakeMyTrip Credit Card
- SBI IRCTC Credit Card
- Axis Bank Privilege Card
- HDFC Diners Premium Credit Cards
- SBI Signature Credit Card
- Citibank Prestige
- Yes Bank Preferred Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
- HDFC Solitaire Credit Card ( Women’s Credit Card)
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card
- ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
Best credit card for grocery shopping in India 2018
#1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
Customers must apply for this credit card as it is the number 1 credit card in India. It got this number 1 tag because of the high-quality customer care service that this credit card offers. The only problem with this credit card is that it comes with an annual fee and a joining fee of Rs 499.
Customers get 20% discount on Uber rides while using this credit card. It also offers Rs. 150 as cash back when there is at least a total transaction of 3000 rupees. This is the only credit card that offers 5% cash back on grocery.
Some additional benefits of this credit card are listed below
- It offers 3x rewards when the customer pays for Hotels, Dining, Airline ticket reservation, and Fuel.
- Customers get special discount offers on BigBasket, BlueStone, FirstCry, Puma, and Urban Clap.
- The Customer gets 500 bonus points for registering for online banking.
- This credit card also offers 1000 additional rewards points when the customer transact within 60 days
Best credit card with zero annual fees in India
#2. HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card
#3. ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit Card
#4. Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
Best Credit Cards For Women In India
#5. HDFC Solitaire Credit Card ( Women’s Credit Card)
HDFC bank has offered this exclusive premium Credit Card for women. This is also a pretty cheap credit card as the joining amount is only Rs 500. Due to this nominal rate women generally, prefer this credit card. The Solitaire card also comes with lots of added advantages for women.
This credit card allows a woman to redeem Reward Points as Cash Back against the outstanding amount. On this card, 100 Reward Points is equal to Rs. 30. Thus a woman can make a fair amount of money by using this card frequently.
Other additional benefits are as follows
- A woman gets 3 Reward Points on each Rs. 150 spent and also earns 50% more Reward Points for dining and grocery transactions.
- They save Rs. 1,500 in a year on the fuel transactions.
Best lifetime free credit card in India
#6. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
SBI Simply Click card is much better than most of the credit cards as it offers 10x rewards on popular shopping websites in India. So customers must apply for this credit card to avail this amazing benefit.
The Annual fee for this credit card is Rs 499 which can be waived off if the customer spends 1L rupees in the first year. SBI Simply click is also an entry level credit card and is mainly preferable for the first time applicants
Addition benefits of this credit card that makes it very effective are as follows
- Customers can earn 10X rewards on – Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, and Foodpanda etc.
- It also offers 5X rewards on all other online shopping sites.
- On minimum 500 rupees transaction this card gives 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver.
- If the customer spends Rs. 1 Lakh annually to do online transaction this card gives Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000
#7. ICICI Instant Platinum Card
ICICI Instant Platinum Card is mostly suitable for students, housewife, and Non-salaried person. They can apply for the credit card against a fixed deposit. Most amazing part of this credit card is that it does not charge an annual fee.
It offers the customers certain additional benefits which are listed below.
- Customers get 100 rupees off on two movie tickets per month if they use this credit card at BookMyShow portal.
- Customers also get 15% savings on dining at over 800 restaurants.
- This credit card also offers 2 PAYBACK REWARD points on every 100 rupees spent.
Though the customer does not get the 2 PAYBACK REWARD points if they purchase fuel for vehicles or other reasons with this credit card. Still, customers must apply for this credit card only because of the above amazing offers.
Best cash back reward credit card in India
#8. Amex Gold Credit Card
This card charges an annual fee of Rs 1000 for the first year and Rs 4500 from the second year onward. Due to this, reason people generally avoid this credit card but it has some amazing benefits which really overshadows the above negative aspect.
So the amazing benefits which this card offers are listed below
- This card offers 1000 bonus points after using the card 4 times with a transaction above 1000 rupees.
- Customer earns 5000 Membership Rewards Points on renewal for the second year.
- It offers 4,000 Membership Rewards Points after first 3 spends in 60 days.
- As the card gets approved customer gets OYO voucher worth Rs. 2000.
- Customers also earn 1 Membership Reward point on Rs.50 spent on all transactions except for spending on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions.
#9. Citibank Cashback Credit Card
Citibank Rewards credit card was really popular earlier but recently Citibank Cashback credit card has overshadowed its popularity with a better reward ratio of 0.5%. It also offers 5% cash back on telephone and utility bills.
The Customers who want a simple credit card for daily use and also wants multiple credit cards with exclusive benefits for travel, shopping and leisure must apply for Citibank Cashback credit card. This credit card charges an annual fee of 500 rupees.
Some key benefits of this product are
- This credit card offers 5% cash back on movie tickets along with 5% cash back on telephone bill payments.
- The Customer also gets 5% cash back on Utility Bill Payments.
- Another amazing feature of this credit card is that it gives 0.5% cash back on any transactions.
#10. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
The biggest benefit that this credit card is the 20% discount on Uber rides which is actually a big offer in the metropolitan cities.
It also offers 5 points for spending 150 rupees on fuel and fine dining. It also gives 1 point for spending rupees on other items. A Huge number of customers prefer this credit card as it does not charge any joining or annual fees.
This credit card also offers certain additional benefits like
- It gives special discount offers on Big Basket, Bluestone, Puma etc.
- It also offers 1000 additional reward points if any customer transacts within 60 days.
- If any customer registers for online banking through this credit card then they get 500 bonus points.
So it is evident from all these amazing benefits that customers must use this credit card.
Best credit card for hotel and airline rewards India
#11. HDFC Diners Premium Credit Cards
HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card charges Rs. 2500 as the annual fee which gets waived off after spending 40,000 in the first year and 3,00,000 in the second year. This card offers a great set of deals under travel and leisure category.
The only drawback of this card is that Diner is not accepted everywhere like Visa and Master card. But still, it offers many additional deals which attract a large number of customers.
The above mentioned additional deals are as follows
- It provides air Accident Cover of Rs 1 Crore and Travel Insurance Cover of up to Rs 50,000 on baggage delay/loss
- This card also provides Emergency Medical Expenses Cover of up to Rs 25 Lakh and Credit Liability Cover of up to 9 Lakh
- Customers enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges.
- It also provides access to complimentary golf lessons at selected Golf Courses in India.
#12. Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
This credit card is useful for those customers who have more than Rs. 4 lakhs annual spend on travel. So such customers must apply for this credit card.
Customers earn miles on every transaction which can be redeemed on some airlines such as Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Thai Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Eva Air, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways and Air India.
This card charges an annual fee of Rs. 3000 but has various additional benefits such as
- Customers get additional 3,000 Miles on Card renewal.
- Customers earn 4 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on most of the transactions.
- It offers complimentary access to Airport Lounges.
- On transacting at online partner merchants like MakeMyTrip it gives 10 Miles per Rs.100 spent.
- It also gives 10,000 Miles for the first spend of Rs. 1,000 or more within 60 days.
#13. Jet Airways American Express Credit Card
This card has many types of benefits but the main offer of this credit card is for the customer who frequently travels by Jet Airways as it offers the maximum number of JPMiles.
Though it charges an annual fee of 5,000 plus applicable taxes and Rs. 10,000 from second year onward but still it offers various additional benefits for which customer must apply for this credit card.
The various additional benefits are listed below
- On the approval of this credit card, customers get 10,000 Bonus JPMiles along with one-way complimentary Jet Airways Base Fare Waived off on Domestic Ticket.
- Customers get dedicated Check-in & Excess Baggage Waiver of 5kg on Jet Airways flights within India.
- It offers 8 JPMiles on Rs. 150 spent except at Fuel, Insurance, and Utilities and 3% cash back at leading fuel stations within India.
- By using this credit card customer can extend their holiday with a complimentary night’s stay at selected properties of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts.
- It also offers complimentary visits to 13 Domestic Airport Lounges across 11 cities in India.
#14. SBI Air India Signature Card
Customers who prefer to travel through Air India should apply for this credit card as it offers complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program and also awards 20,000 reward points on paying the joining fee.
They offer bonus points for spending more money in a particular year. For example, they offer 20,000 Points on spending 5 Lakhs in a Year, 30,000 Points on spending 10 Lakhs in a Year and 50,000 Points on spending 20 Lakhs in a Year.
These points can be converted into Air India miles to enjoy free travel. Apart from this amazing benefit it also offers some additional offers which are as follows
- Customers can earn up to 30 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked at airindia.com.
- Customers get 4 Reward points for every Rs 100 spent along with up to 1,00,000 bonus Reward points annually.
- It provides free access to the International Airport Luxury Lounge.
Best Travel Credit Cards in India
#15. Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card is the best travel credit card. On using this card customer accumulate points which can be redeemed as Indigo or Taj vouchers.
On spending 4 lacs in the first year customer gets indigo vouchers of Rs. 11,800 and Taj vouchers of Rs. 10,000 in addition to the reward points.
It charges Rs 3,500 in first year and Rs. 5,000 in the second year as the annual fee and does not charge any joining fee.
It offers various additional benefits so customers must apply for this credit card. The additional benefits are listed below
- It offers Travel Vouchers worth Rs. 7,700 on spending Rs. 1.90L in a year.
- Customers get 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs.50.
- Customers enjoy complimentary membership to Priority Pass for free access to airport lounges.
- At leading fuel stations it offers 3% cash back.
- It also offers 5,000 Welcome Milestone Bonus Points redeemable for Travel Vouchers worth Rs. 4000.
#16. Amex MakeMyTrip Credit Card
The card charges very less annual fees and comes with a welcome gift of Rs. 2000 MakeMyTrip vouchers. The customer who would want to avail of this special offer should definitely apply for this credit card.
Apart from the above offer it also gives an additional MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 5,000 on spending Rs. 2.5 lacs. This card also generates PAYBACK points that can be redeemed on MakeMyTrip.
There are several additional benefits that this card provides other than the points mentioned above. They are as follows
- It generally offers up to 70% cash back on Hotel bookings made via MakeMyTrip.
- It generates 2 PAYBACK Points for every Rs.100 spent and 5 PAYBACK Points for every Rs.100 spent on MakeMyTrip.
- It also gives an additional 5% cash back on the MakeMyTrip bookings.
#17. Axis Bank Privilege Card
The customers who prefer to do online transactions for travel related issues at Yatra.com as compared to MakeMyTrip then they should consider this credit card as it provides Yatra vouchers. To get this voucher the customer must transact with this card three times within 60 days of approval.
The annual fee for this card is slightly high which can compel the customer to avoid this card but it has various additional offers which completely overshadows the high annual fee issues.
Those additional benefits are listed below
- The customers get 5,000 bonus voucher on Yatra every time the customer spends Rs. 250,000 using this card.
- It offers complimentary access to selected airport lounges.
- It also offers complimentary Insurance Cover up to Rs. 25,500,000.
- Customers get Fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
#18. SBI IRCTC Credit Card
This is the only credit card available in India that can waive off 1.8% surcharge on train journeys. So a customer who prefers to travel frequently by train should definitely apply for this credit card.
The Customer can earn up to 10% value back as Reward points when tickets are booked through the IRCTC website for AC1, AC2, and AC CC.
This card has an annual charge of Rs. 500 for the first year and Rs. 300 from the second year onwards.
Apart from the above-mentioned offers it also provides some additional benefits which are given below
- If a customer spends Rs. 500 within 45 days of card issuance he/she receives 350 activation bonus Reward points, where 1 reward point is equal to 1 rupee on IRCTC booking.
- It offers 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India.
Best lifestyle credit cards in India
#19. Yes Bank Preferred Credit Card
This card is provided by Yes Bank through which customers get 15,000 welcome reward points on the first transaction within 90 days of approval of the card and 10,000 reward points on every renewal. This offer makes it really useful.
Each reward point is equal to Rs 0.25 so it offers the customer a total welcome reward of Rs 3750. The best thing about Yes Bank Preferred Card is that it comes with 1.75% foreign transaction charges, which is the lowest in India.
It also offers more cool deals which are listed below
- On each YES Pay Now registration each customer gets 1000 Reward Points.
- It offers Rs 5 Lakhs Credit Shield cover on the accidental death of Primary Card member and Rs 25 Lakhs cover on medical emergencies while traveling overseas.
- This card provides 25% discount on movie tickets when booked through BookMyShow.
- It offers 8 Reward Points on every Rs 100 and bonus 20,000 Reward Points on reaching annual spending of Rs 7.5 Lakhs.
- This product also waives off fuel surcharge at all fuel stations.
Best credit card in India with free airport lounge access
#20. Citibank Prestige
This credit card is generally not as effective as the above-mentioned cards because it charges a high annual fee of Rs. 20,000 along with the fact that it cannot be purchased online. If these issues can be solved then customers must consider this card.
On the approval of this credit card customer gets 10,000 bonus air miles and vouchers worth Rs 10,000 from Taj Group or ITC Hotels every year.
It also provides certain additional benefit apart from the above-mentioned vouchers. Those benefits are as follows
- If a customer book for 4 nights with their partner properties then they will get a one-night complimentary stay.
- It offers Taj Epicure Plus Plan and Inner Circle Silver membership.
- Customers get 1 Reward point on every Rs.100 Domestic spend and 2 Reward points on International spend.
- This card gives Air Accident Insurance of Rs 5 crores and Lost Card Protection of Rs 3,00,000.
- It gives 4 complimentary golf rounds & golf lessons also offer complimentary lounge access with Priority Pass.
#21. HDFC Regalia Credit Card
This credit card is launched by HDFC for personal and business purpose. Customers use this credit card for business purchases because of the reward structure and the 2% foreign transaction fees which is much higher in other credit cards.
It has an annual fee of Rs 2500 though the fee can be waived off after spending 40,000 in first 90 days.
The Customer should definitely apply for this credit card because of the following benefits:
- This product offers complimentary Airport Lounge Access through Priority Pass Membership.
- 4 Reward Points are awarded on every 150 rupees spent through this credit card.
- After spending a minimum of 400 rupees on fuel 1% fuel surcharge gets waived off.
- Customers get Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership for using this credit card.
Best fuel credit card in India 2018
#22. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card is the only credit card in India that gives 5% cash back on fuel spends along with 5% cash back on phone and utility, and it becomes one of the best in its category. So customer must opt for this credit card.
It charges both joining and annual fees though both the fees get waived off after spending a minimum amount of money in a particular year.
Additional benefits offered by this card are as follows
- Offers 20% cash back on Uber rides.
- It also offers 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spent.
- For any online booking, customer gets 500 Additional reward points.
- Another important benefit includes 1,000 Additional reward points on the first transaction.
#23. Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
Those customers who are a fan of Citibank and Indian Oil must opt for this credit card. Citibank gives the customer turbo points on using this credit card on fuel stations. Each Turbo Point corresponds to Rs.1 of free fuel.
It charges an annual fee of Rs 1000 which gets waived after spending Rs.30,000 in one year. It offers certain additional benefits which are given below
- It offers 4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 (2.67%) of fuel purchases at authorized Indian Oil Retail Outlets and 4 Turbo Points for every Rs.150 spent at featured partners (like MakeMyTrip).
- It also offers 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets.
- This card permits full waiver of the fuel surcharge (1%) on fuel purchases.
This card must be swiped on Citibank EDC (Credit Card Swipe Machine) only in order to avail the above benefits.
#24. ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
The ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit card is specially designed for those customers who want to reduce their fuel bills. This Credit Card helps to keep fuel costs under check with powerful cash back and through fuel surcharge waiver programs.
It has a nominal joining fee of Rs 199 which can be waived off on spending Rs 5000 within the first 60 days.
Few other additional benefits of this card include
- The customers can avail minimum 15% savings on dining at over 800 restaurants across the country.
- Its members enjoy Rs 100 discount on up to 2 movie tickets per month at bookmyshow.com.
- Each time by spending Rs 100 on retail purchases except fuel it offers 2 Payback Points.
Few More Good Credit Cards in India You Must Check
#25. RBL Titanium Delight Card
This is an amazing credit card that comes with special Wednesday offer. Though it charges an annual fee of Rs 750 for the first year and 2000 from second year onward still offers various benefits which attract the customers.
The Wednesday offers that this card provides are as follows
- 2 free movie tickets on BookMyShow once a month on a Wednesday.
- After buying groceries on Wednesday this card offers 20x reward points.
- Customers get 10% value back on ordering a pizza from Domino’s/Pizza Hut online on any Wednesday.
It also offers certain additional benefits they are
- Customers earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent.
- It gives 4000 bonus reward points on spending Rs 1.2 lakhs or more in a year.
- On transactions above Rs. 500, the fuel surcharge gets waived off.
#26. SBI Signature Credit Card
SBI credit cards can be categorized as a PSU bank credit card which provides great offers and good customer service.
This credit card charges Rs 4999 as the annual fee but it gives a bunch of rewards, offers and bonus points that will really make the customers feel privileged.
So those rewards and benefits are discussed below
- This card offers Rs. 5,000 welcome vouchers for shopping from any of the following brands: Yatra, Hush Puppies, Bata, Marks & Spencer, Westside and Shoppers Stop.
- It offers Rs. 500 off on BookMyShow once in a month.
- Customers get a complimentary membership to the Elite Priority Pass program worth $99.
- Offers 10,000 bonus Reward Points on reaching annual spends of Rs. 2 lakhs, 3 lakhs, and 4 lakhs.
- This card gives 5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores, Grocery and on international spends.
#27. IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card is a premium card that is suitable for transacting at shopping, travel, and dining.
This card provides exclusive benefits like priority pass membership, travel plus program and dining benefits to the customers.
The annual fee required for the card is Nil, but the customers need to pay the joining fee of Rs. 5,999. Because of the average joining fees, this credit card suits the medium-class person.
This credit card offers more additional benefits other than the points mentioned above. Some of those additional benefits are discussed below
- This card offers Airport lounge benefits with Priority pass membership and more than 8 visits to international Airport lounges.
- The customer gets 4 saving points for each Rs 100 spent.
- By using this card the customer enjoys up to 30% discount on dining and up to 15% discount on various hotels and restaurants in India.
#28. Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card
Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card is a basic credit card for those customers who have a gross annual income of Rs. 6 Lacs.
All the reward programs of the credit cards will be communicated to the customers at the time of sign up.
Some other important features of this credit include free insurance cover, concierge facility, financial planning tool, and much more. The most amazing feature of this card is that it does not charge any joining or annual fee.
It not only has the above amazing benefits but also possess some additional offers such as
- On transacting at supermarkets and departmental stores the customer receives 5% cash back.
- Provides Air accident cover of Rs. 35 lacs.
- It also offers free add-on cards.
So, which are the best 10 credit cards in India as per your knowledge? These are few credit cards I found and believe could deserve to be in this list. Off course I have included more than 10 as I said initially that ranking them will not be ideal as the need of a person is totally different. Make sure you have checked carefully the annual charges, renewal charges and credit card interest charges if any before applying any credit card in India.